WE’RE HIRING: Account Executive (Travel) – New York Office (CLOSED)
Turner PR is seeking an account executive to join our travel and tourism team in our New York office. Working in concert with both our PR and social media teams, this role will drive results as well as creative and innovative collaborations across our portfolio. The account executive will support strategy on our domestic and international brands as well as develop and maintain strong relationships with the media.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Supports daily activities for designated national and international accounts
- Serves as the day-to-day resource for media contacts and provides support for client communications
- Assists with development and implementation of all PR strategic plan initiatives, under supervision
- Understands and prioritizes the objectives of each client; anticipates needs in advance
- Stays up-to-date on social media trends to provide recommendations to client about how social media channels can best be used
- Contributes 70 percent of time to proactive media relations
- Writes client collateral, which includes but is not limited to: news releases, media alerts, photo captions, media pitches, bios and fact sheets
- Utilizes travel media relationships to secure consistent and quality media placements on client’s behalf
- Brainstorms new, fresh story angles and proactively pitches them to relevant travel media
- Develops and maintains solid relationships with journalists, bloggers and social media influencers
- Understands social media and identifies ways to integrate social networking into other communications strategies
- Prepares meeting agendas, notes and reports
- Assists with account budgets, resources and deadlines
- Assists with client relations through meetings, conference calls, events and general contact
- Plans, implements and manages client media tours and local market visits, as needed
- Assists with planning and conducts, if appropriate, client media familiarization tours, as needed
- Performs in-depth research and analysis of clients (audits)
- Stay abreast of current industry news and trends
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Three or more years of communications experience in the travel industry; agency experience preferred
- BA or BS in public relations, journalism, communications or related fields
- Solid strategic writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to be creative while maintaining precision
- Uses social media tools regularly and has experience integrating social media into public relations programs
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is a plus
- Passion for the travel/tourism industry and the ability to spot trends. Want to impress us? Tell us what you think is the ‘Next Big Thing’ (and/or, what is so, totally, cliché this year).
- Proficient in AP Style
- Holds established national travel and lifestyle media relationships, and has the skills to develop new relationships using traditional and digital tools
- Previous experience coordinating media familiarization tours and/or desk side tours
- Possesses excellent writing skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency using Cision/Cisionpoint, Lexis Nexis, news wires, MS applications
- Familiarity with industry-appropriate bloggers and social media influencers
Other ways to WOW us:
- If you’ve spent some time exploring the world
- If you have a personal hobby or interest involving anything remotely relevant to our client portfolio. Climbing mountains? Serious foodie? Building orphanages in Africa? So do we, and our authenticity with clients is important to us.
- You’ve published anything, anywhere – anything from a personal blog to bylined articles; please include the links
About Turner Public Relations
Turner Public Relations is a boutique public relations and digital communications firm with two offices, in Denver, CO and New York, NY. Our corporate culture is aligned with the brands we represent; our diverse team of professionals embraces a “work hard, play hard” motto. We have two highly specialized, aligned divisions: travel and tourism, and active lifestyle clients. We offer public relations and digital communications services for top national and international brands. Clients include tourism offices, tour companies, hotel brands and individual resorts as well as gear, apparel, footwear, headwear and accessories.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls – however, we’re open to any other creative communications you may want to try.
Turner PR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.